Wow, big hit here…
I made this version of goulash tonight that was pretty tasty. We even added it to our Thumbs Up List. My excellent husband would consider this combination of beef and pasta a comfort food . I was quite comfortable eating it! The meal could be made lower in carbs by serving it over spaghetti squash or some type of vegetable medley.
- 2.5 pounds ground meat (I used beef, but lamb or a combo would also work)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 T Worcestershire sauce
- 3 T paprika of your choice
- 2 t crushed rosemary
- 1-14.5 oz can beef broth
- 4 T tomato paste
- 2 red peppers, roasted and chopped in large pieces (or 1 jar roasted peppers)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large pot, brown the meat and drain. Remove meat from pot and saute onions till soft. Add garlic and saute one minute longer. Return meat to pot. Add Worcestershire, paprika, and rosemary. Stir. Add tomato paste and broth. Bring to a simmer, then add roasted red peppers.
- You can simmer the meat for 10 minutes and up to a few hours if you keep it low and mostly covered. To serve, add the sour cream and stir. Serve over buttered extra-wide egg noodles (or spaghetti squash) sprinkled with fresh parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Pass extra sour cream on the side.