Did you know not all sugar cookie recipes work well when using a cookie cutter? If the recipe is too soft, your shapes will flatten out too much and not look as cute as you had intended. The key to this stand-up recipe is corn starch.
Cookie Cutter Cookies
Write a review
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 sticks butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups flour
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1. Beat shortening, butter, sugars, salt, baking powder, and vanilla until well blended.
- 2. Add the eggs and beat until well blended.
- 3. Mix the flour and cornstarch in a bowl, then add to dough.
- 4. If the dough is too soft to work with then wrap and refrigerate. Otherwise roll out on floured surface and cut shapes as desired.
- 5. Bake in a 350 oven for 8-10 minutes. Cool on racks. Frost and decorate if desired.
The Excellent Wife http://theexcellentwife.com/