Just made these delicious little dessert treats & I *love* them! There is a hint of cinnamon (really, just a dash) among the sweet white chocolate taste ~ balanced nicely with the sweet/tart cranberries.
Get the original recipe here, at Taste of Home.
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel, optional
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- In a microwave, melt butter; stir in brown sugar. Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to butter mixture. Stir in cranberries and chopped chocolate (batter will be thick).
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 18-21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and orange peel if desired until blended. Gradually add half of the melted white chocolate; beat until blended. Frost brownies. Sprinkle with cranberries. Drizzle with remaining melted white chocolate. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.