Time for a grocery update!
This week I came in at about $100 which includes a $10 shop-from-home fee. That $10 charge is SO worth it to me now. Not only do I get to shop at 10pm in my pjs on my couch, but I don’t have to lug the 4 cases of cans that I purchased, locate the perfect produce, or get sucked into buying a bunch of stuff I might not have bought originally. Plus, I get to watch my subtotal as I add things into my cart which keeps my budget in check. LOVE this service!
On the menu this week:
- Roasted pork with a dijon/rosemary crust – wrapped in bacon, Brussel sprouts, mashed potatoes
- Clam sauce with homemade pasta (but I bought pasta just in case time doesn’t allow that day!)
- Arroz con pollo with peas
- Pozole with tons of veggies on top
- Beef curry with string beans
- Stromboli (served with Tums)
In addition we’ll have lots of fresh fruit, cereals, grains, and healthy lunches.
Planning out my meals each week prevents me from 1) going over budget, 2) going crazy scrambling for a last minute meal, and 3) serving cereal for dinner.
If you’re looking to reduce your budget, try planning your meals in advance and stocking up on sale items. At our local grocery store, this is the twice yearly event when canned goods go on sale so I buy enough beans, chicken stock, and canned tomatoes to last till the next can sale.